Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Wizard of Oz Casting

Hey! The name's Kelly. Kelly Desmond. I've been in acting for a few years, doing bit parts here and there. I work out of community theatres everywhere. And I mean everywhere. You'd think Dayton was the arts capital of the world or something, with all these arts institutions and community theatres. We're even the one school district outside of New York and California that participated in the Royal Shakespeare Company. I played Ophelia in Hamlet. I played it good. : 3

Any case, when I found out that Kettering Community Theatre's gonna be doing a rendition of The Wizard of Oz, THE Wizard of Oz, I jumped out of my seat. I mean, it's THE WIZARD. You might say it's an overrated musical, but it's a classic, and community theatres around here usually wait 10-15 years before redoing The Wizard.

I auditioned with a fairly good monologue from Alice in Wonderland. I got called back, along with 10 other people. It was really fun, the director was friendly, and all of us cast members were all polite and talked to each other.

It was only five or six hours ago when I got the call from the director. I was hoping for Dorothy, but instead I got the role of the Witch of the West. I don't care, really. I was a little upset at first, but at least I got a bigger role than I usually do. And the VILLAIN, too! I mean... the Wicked Witch of the West is, besides the greatest piece of alliteration of all time, one of the greatest villains of all time! : D

In any case, I'm starting up this blog just to talk about my life and stuff. Mainly about the play.

Hot damn, I really can't wait for the rehearsals to start! : D

-Kelly Desmond

No comments:

Post a Comment