Wednesday, October 31, 2012

First Rehearsal

The first rehearsal was really fun! : P Guess I need to go in more detail, huh?
Anyways, we got our scripts. I got mine fifth, because they were handing them out in alphabetical order. Aaron Armand got them first. He's born and raised in Ohio, but his dad's French or something, I think, and his mom's... Latvian? I don't know, he talked about that briefly. Kind of a weird subject to talk about, but you can tell he's part French. He's kind of good looking, but shy. Like a puppy.

Then there was Belanie Armand, Aaron's sister or cousin or... something. : P I forget. I heard her in the call back. She's good! : | I think we were all a little taken back. Except for Aaron, he was beaming. But she had to wear these thick, thick glasses, and she was a few years younger than everyone, so she got the role of the one female character in Emerald City. I don't think she has a name until the later books... Jelly? Jelly Jam? Something silly like that. She's good.

Anyways, there's also Douglas Franco, Mitch Barrett, Nancy Farlane (who is Dorothy), Harry Hopper, and... well, I forget the rest. Douglas seems nice enough, though a little on the gruff side. He plays the Tin Man. Mitch plays the Scarecrow, and he certianly fits the description of the Scarecrow- tall and lanky and wobbles with every step. He's a really good actor, though. Nancy is one of those stuck up rich girls, but I guess a little better than most. She doesn't usually have a sneer and most of her quips are hard to get or too quick to catch. I caught most of them. Harry Hopper, I don't know. He's kind of timid. He hasn't talked once.

Anyways, we started reading our lines. I could tell these guys were, for the most part, a really fun group. The director told us to start working with our voices if we could, but to make sure we know our limits. I did a very good witch impression. But later on, I tried speaking again in a later voice-- this one was a little different, like a Romanian Countess or something. The director loved it. He said that I should try to do something in between.

The rehearsal lasted two hours, so we didn't get through the whole script. We're going to finish it, but then... blocking. : I I don't like blocking as much as I like reading. But both are SUPER important.

I can't wait to go back to the theatre. It was so warm and friendly in there. Now everything seems kind of chilly. No... wait... that might be the window... well, I'ma get off. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment